Sunday, October 16, 2011

Disconnected or in the Know

I have been told that through my hospice experiences with helping people pass over, I have opened up a spirit party line. This was never my intention and it can be quite bothersome especially when a bunch of disgruntled spirits decide to gang up on me night after nightmarish night. The last group that insisted that I be a nexus for them was a very unhappy cadre of wandering spirits who had been misused by priests. Oddly enough they were joined by dead priests who were perpetrators of these heinous misdeeds. Both victims and their tormentors want me to do something about their situation. They want to move on to be with God but they are too ashamed to be in God's presence, Oy! How do you tell the victims that it wasn't their fault when no one would believe them in this life. How do you tel the perpetrators that they can be forgiven?
This is when I pass the duty on to my faithful spiritual healing department. These ladies seem to be able to help a lot. I have only been able to participate in the healing of living persons. Helping the dead deal with their pain is a bit out of my league. But together with my praying ladies we seem to be able to covers most of those who appear.
This, of course, flies in the face of most traditional religion. I was part of that tradition most of my life. It was not until I was ordained at the ripe old age of 49 that any unusual gifts presented themselves.
I could tell you stories of healing that would stand your hair on end. Healing and miracles are to be reported first to your bishop. I did this in detail. My bishop was very excited but was not inclined to make anything public. So, I told a few of you and let it proceed in anonymity. Then I got involved with hospice and ministry to the actively dying. Oh Boy did the "gift" blossom then. I got stories upon stories of my interaction between the passing and their spirit guides. The spirits that came for these folks were almost always accommodating to my participation and I learned to accommodate them also.I know that dying hardly seems the time for joy but I have never experienced such joy and satisfaction as when I would get the final little hand squeeze from my dying patient. This always came just as they passed and I know that they were telling me not to worry, that they were safe now. I know that doctors will say that this is just a natural muscular reaction as these people die but I choose to believe my interpretation. It does not get better than that in this life. As I said I am not into the New Age stuff but my partnership with the reiki types seems to have opened a ministry of total healing. So who am I to argue. The last thing I will mention is that no matter how hard I try these gifts will only present themselves at their own pace. I wish I could go into business and promise to fulfil the requests for healing for everyone who asks but it is not my call. I am the tool not the repairman. Write sometime and let me know about your healing experiences. Most people do not want to share because they are afraid that people will think they are nuts. Believe me, being thought of as a nut is not as bad as keeping it all to yourself. Just call me the big pecan.
Rod of the Desert

No comments:

Post a Comment